Your Advocate For Workplace Injuries Compensation
Injuries in the workplace happen frequently. Sometimes a repetitive motion or action will result in a back or wrist injury. Occasionally a worker will slip and fall while at the workplace. At other times, employer negligence will lead to serious personal injury.
At Edward S. Kahn Law Offices, LLC, our Trenton workers’ compensation attorneys are experienced trial litigators. Our central New jersey law firm has had a great deal of experience helping employees and workers with their compensation claims and appeals. At our law firm, we help:
- Prove that a worker paid in cash was an employee and not a general contractor
- Obtain workers’ compensation awards for permanent disability from a work accident
- Appeal workers’ compensation claim denials
- Pursue third-party claims for accidents caused by subcontractors, vendors or others
Workers’ compensation laws in New Jersey are complicated. If you have suffered a major injury, you owe it to yourself to obtain the maximum compensation. Contact our law firm now by calling 609-482-3162 or toll-free at 800-219-1485 to learn more.
Our law firm obtained lifetime disability and medical benefits for a worker in a construction accident where employment was denied. In the corresponding third-party case, we obtained a $2.2 million award for a construction accident in which our client had broken his back.
Why Choose Edward S. Kahn Law Offices, LLC
There are dangers to either filing for workers’ compensation on your own or using an inexperienced attorney. The drawbacks include:
- Papers may not be timely filed according to schedule, resulting in a denial or delayed benefits.
- Not all medical bills are paid, or necessary treatment may be denied.
- Workers may obtain less money for a permanent award without an experienced attorney.
- Workers may be denied disability payments without a lawyer or get asked to accept a small cash payment.
Our trial lawyers and workers’ compensation attorneys have a significant amount of experience in this area. They would like to see you receive just compensation for your injury. We can also help you with cases involving the second injury fund.
A Proven Work Injury Attorney For Construction Site Injuries
There are many ways that a construction contractor may seek to deny you compensation for your workplace injuries. Suppose a worker does not have proper immigration documentation. In that case, an employer may threaten to make a worker’s status known to immigration authorities.
It is essential that you know that New Jersey workers’ compensation laws apply to everyone – with or without immigration documentation. Entirely different government entities enforce New Jersey workers’ compensation laws and federal immigration laws.
Edward S. Kahn Law Offices, LLC, has experience working with safety experts and OSHA experts to prove liability in a construction site accident. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our law firm for help with:
- Back injuries
- Fall from a ladder or other height injury
- Injuries due to an uncovered hole or another hazard
- Injuries due to faulty equipment
- Objects falling and striking you
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Accidents that occur while roofing
Talk To A Workers’ Compensation Attorney Now
We work on a contingency fee basis for workers’ compensation and personal injury litigation, and provide a free initial consultation. Our attorneys are all fluent Spanish speakers. Please call 609-482-3162 locally or 800-219-1485 toll-free. You contact our law firm via email to schedule an appointment. Se habla español.